Movie Review: "Twilight"
It's really good. If you like the book, chances are you'll like the movie. It stays pretty true to it - any changes are minor and don't take away from the story. Some things aren't how I pictured them, but they never are when books are made into movies.
That's not always a bad thing, though. Robert Pattinson is not how I pictured Edward. He was perfect, though. Absolutely perfect. (Kind of makes me proud that he was my last BOTW.)Kristin Stewart, who played Bella, annoyed me less than I thought she would, which is a good thing, and for the most part I didn't mind the rest of the casting (Jacob Black being the most notable exception).
My other big impression of it was that it was blue. I'm sure it had to do with it being cloudy or night most of the time, so the lighting had to suit that, but that made it very blue.I'm sure people who haven't read the book would like the movie, too. That being said - read the book first! One should (almost) always read the book before seeing the movie.
And that being said, if anyone, who either has or hasn't read the book, wants to see the movie, I'd be glad to go with you!

7 Comments:
Thoughts...
* I've noticed the blue-ness of the previews and ads, too. Do you think it's to make the blood (or that apple in the ads) stand out more?
* I love it when movies stay true to the books - it happens so rarely!
* I do not get the attraction of that guy. Maybe when I see the movie (someday)...
*i think it's just the lighting, although it does make red stand out
*i know!
*i don't normally think he's all that either (here's my post on him from when i had boyfriends of the week: http://i-am-a-hobbit.blogspot.com/search?q=hufflepuff), however he was so good in this role, one couldn't help but go 'ooh!' oh, and i think he's not photogenic, so he looks better on-screen.
*oh! but don't read the comments if you go to that post! there are spoilers!
Went to the post, didn't read the comments. Still don't get it...
Then again, I'm the one starting to think Ashton Kutcher might be cute after all. So who am I to judge?
Yeah, you're just weird, Photo. He's all that. ;) At least as Edward -- although I still say my mechanic would make an even better Edward. ;) But I have to admit, Mel, I was disappointed. Although I'm not sure if it would be better if I saw it again. It's kind of like the Harry Potter movies, I suppose, where they're always kind of a let-down. I felt like there wasn't enough character development. It just felt kind of rushed or something. And a little cheesy at times. Overall though, I think it was okay. And I do think the casting was generally good, except for Jacob like you said and Jasper was kind of weird, but no big deal there. I also thought Carlisle could've looked kinder or something, if that makes sense. He was okay though. Again, it really couldn't meet my expectations, so with that in mind it was pretty decent. And I was gonna say I probably wouldn't buy it, but I think I will, mostly because of Edward. ;) (yes, I know he's too young for me -- but he's immortal, so it doesn't count, right?;) When it's on sale, of course. :)
Oh, I also thought the waitress at the restaurant should've been prettier -- you know who I'm talking about, mel, right? :) (what was with her hair?? was it like that in the book & I completely missed it??)
i think i went into it with the expectation that they were going to mess it up. i was excited for it, but i was sure they'd gof it. they oopt-ed it, though, so that was good. obviously it can't be as thorough as the book, and you must remember, parts of the book are cheesy, too. jasper's eyes were crazy, kind of perpetually stunned. and yeah, carlisle was a bit off, but i don't think they took away from it. many things were not how i pictured them, but they worked.
I wish I could just make my own 'Twilight' and 'Harry Potter' movies. :) But I'd use some of the same stars the actual movies use. Like Robert Pattinson, for instance. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home