Name:

i'll put my disclaimer here - if any of these pictures are copyrighted, let me know and i'll remove them immediately. as for my profile? 'i'm just a boring example of everybody else.' - steve burns

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Also, while I'm on the topic of songs

I like the song "Blessed Assurance." I like the chorus: "This is my story! This is my song! Praising my Savior, all the day long! This is my story! This is my song! Praising my Savior all the day long!" But I also like the Swedish version of the chorus: "HE is my joy! HE is my song! HIM I praise all the days of my life! HE is my joy! HE is my song! HIM I praise all the days of my life!"
Just a random note.

5 Comments:

Blogger chelleybutton said...

I like that song too. Very fun (and good lyrics:). It's interesting to see how different translations can be sometimes! It makes me think I should [have] learn[ed] more languages.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 7:53:00 PM CST  
Blogger BusyMommy said...

I like that. I just learned that Jingle Bells in Spanish is all about the birth of God's Son and the salvation He came to bring.

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 8:59:00 PM CST  
Blogger chelleybutton said...

Cool! :) You should post it. :)

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 9:09:00 PM CST  
Blogger hobbitsister said...

He is my joy - i love that :)

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 5:33:00 PM CST  
Blogger hobbitsister said...

i like the spanish "i've got the joy, joy, joy..." better than ours. instead of "down in my heart to stay", they say "for Christ saved me"

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 5:37:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home