Name:

i'll put my disclaimer here - if any of these pictures are copyrighted, let me know and i'll remove them immediately. as for my profile? 'i'm just a boring example of everybody else.' - steve burns

Sunday, November 16, 2008

"Give Me Your Eyes"

I like this song by Brandon Heath. I thought I'd post the chorus, seeing as it goes so well with that Acts 3-4 post I just had.

"Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
Ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see"

11 Comments:

Blogger chelleybutton said...

I need that too. I tend to think 'poor me,' etc. more than I think about poor other people who could use my help and love. And I can't think of his other songs, but I'm thinking I like Brandon Heath. :)

Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 7:54:00 PM CST  
Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I like Brandon Heath. And this song.

Mel, I thought you'd like to know that Smitty and I discussed your 38 theory on Friday night. She agrees with you. I thought you'd posted a list of 38s, but I couldn't find it. I did find a bunch of your examples, though, so that was fun for us.

Yep, we spent our Friday night reading your blog. And looking at photos from the CMA Awards. Livin' it up!

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 11:34:00 AM CST  
Blogger melilotnfosco said...

aww... :)
i never did do that post, though, cuz my windows often shut down when i try to look for pictures. (and it's really hard to date pics to get them at exactly 38.)

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 3:49:00 PM CST  
Blogger melilotnfosco said...

he sings 'i'm not who i was'

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 3:51:00 PM CST  
Blogger chelleybutton said...

Oh yeah. One we've discussed before. :) Mel, if/when you do get wireless internet (or whatever -- faster internet, anyway;), I think you should celebrate by doing that post. :D

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 4:05:00 PM CST  
Blogger hobbitsister said...

sadly, they play this song ALL the time on the Christian radio stations here. it takes away from a great song, because we're so tired of it we change the station when it comes on (and then sometimes we find it on the other station)

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 5:39:00 PM CST  
Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Okay, well, at least I wasn't just overlooking it. We did look up a picture of Harrison Ford at approx. 38 just to prove the point.

It definitely proved the point. ;)

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 3:30:00 PM CST  
Blogger melilotnfosco said...

and what's his name from bones

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 4:00:00 PM CST  
Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i hate when stations play songs too much cuz it does totally take away from them

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 4:00:00 PM CST  
Blogger hobbitsister said...

mel and i once figured out the average age of people's 'sexiest men alive' (yes, we have too much time on our hands). you guessed it - 38

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 5:20:00 PM CST  
Blogger chelleybutton said...

lol, you guys are too funny with that theory :D

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 9:25:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home