Name:

i'll put my disclaimer here - if any of these pictures are copyrighted, let me know and i'll remove them immediately. as for my profile? 'i'm just a boring example of everybody else.' - steve burns

Friday, November 28, 2008

Baseball Chapel - from 'True Gratitude,' by Leah Taylor

"Here is a quote from a fascinating book entitled, The God You Can Know. Author Dan DeHaan writes:
'In light of the patience of God, how can we deliberately backslide?
How can we be so insensitive to God?
How can we sing in church as though we were bored with it all?
How can we have such shallow gratitude?'

"My prayer: Oh precious Lord, how I take YOU for granted! How I miss how truly amazing YOU are. I love and adore who YOU are. I want to truly understand the gratitude I should have for You. How can pride enter me so quickly, when I am absolutely nothing and YOU are everything? Temper me, Lord. Temper me to be who YOU have called me to be. I love YOU dearly and emphatically. I am Yours and You are mine."

4 Comments:

Blogger chelleybutton said...

Ouch. And Amen.

Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 5:18:00 PM CST  
Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i liked the line, "I want to truly understand the gratitude I should have for You."

Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 5:31:00 PM CST  
Blogger hobbitsister said...

i think so much of our taking God for granted comes from the fact that we don't truly acknowledge our sin and what it does to God.
like busy posted recently, only when we fully understand God's wrath, holiness, justice, and righteousness can we truly be grateful for His love and grace.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 8:57:00 AM CST  
Blogger melilotnfosco said...

yep

Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 4:21:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home